Comments are due by November 16.
Send comments to: Kachemak Bay State Planning -
550 West 7th Ave., Suite 1050 Anchorage, AK 99501
Below are the top issues identified by KBCS. To read Kachemak Bay Conservation Society’s more detailed talking points with citations and external links, please click HERE.
1. No Heli-ski operations in Kachemak Bay State Park!
2. Helicopter operators landing on Grewingk Glacier should not drop below 1500 ft until they reach the glacier, and total landings should be capped at 6 per day.
3. No hatcheries for commercial harvest in the State Park.
4. No recreational drone use in the park. Drone permits should only be issued for education, commercial use, research, and search and rescue.
5. No bear-baiting or trapping in the State Park.
6. No resource extraction for commercial purposes.
7. Water taxi operators and guides should be required to educate passengers on campfire protocol, leave-no-trace-ethics, wildlife etiquette, firearm safety.
8. No personal watercraft, airboats or hovercraft in the park.
9. Community dock development, seasonal docks, mooring buoys, and running lines should be encouraged over individual private permanent docks whenever possible. Docks that are falling apart should be removed.
10. No camping in the tsunami zone near Grewingk Glacier.
11. No camping in the tsunami zone near Grewingk Glacier.
Please email KBCS at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
Comments due by November 16.
Click HERE for our in-depth talking points.
Click HERE for the Kachemak Bay State Park And Kachemak Bay State Wilderness Park Management Plan Public Review Draft
There will be a Q&A with the Park on Monday, October 29 from 6:30 pm – 8:30pm at the Islands and Ocean Visitor Center.